If you are interested in learning how to generate a QR code for your payment sign or to add to a Trendy Fox Studio template, this article is for you!
Creating a QR Code using Canva tools (free)
One of the biggest benefits of using Canva is the built in QR Code generator. You just need the URL that you want to direct your customers to.
- On the editor side panel, click Apps.
- Under Create something new, click on QR Code.
- Enter the URL of the page you want your QR code to open.
- Click on Generate code. The QR code will be added to your design.
- Move and resize as needed.
Payment QR codes
You can also generate a QR code that links directly to your online back account (like Venmo, Cashapp, etc.).
Here is how you can find or generate a payment QR code from the most popular payment apps. This is merely a guide and is not all-inclusive.
I strongly recommend researching your payment service to understand the particulars of payments with a QR code. I am not affiliated in any way with the apps mentioned and I am not an expert.
There are two ways to generate a QR code using Cashapp.1. Create a PNG of the code directly from the Cashapp app
- Tap on your profile picture in the top right corner
- Tap on the QR code icon on the top right next to your image
- Tap on the arrow icon and select one of the share options to save the PNG to your device.
When you open the Vemno scanner and tap "Venmo Me", you will see your personal QR code next to your profile picture. Select the QR code and you will have options to share your personal QR code via text, email, printing and more. Find more info here about Venmo QR codes.
Sign in to your Zelle account on the mobile app. Then, select the "My Code" tab where you will see your QR code. Select the icon to share your QR code. Find more info here on Zelle QR codes.
Generate a code online or using the Paypal app - you can get more info here.
Once you have your QR code generated, you can drag & drop the PNG or JPEG onto the Canva design you are working with, then move or resize as needed.